Top 3 Benefits of the Turquoise Stone
- Often used to promote harmony in marriage and enhance communications in relationships
- Relieves stress, calms your mood swings, and uplifts your spirit
- Activates the Throat Chakra, which is the center of communication, serenity, creativity, and spiritual bonding
Turquoise is a sturdy and opaque, blue-green gemstone that offers a relaxing and therapeutic experience. As if sculpted from heaven, its unique shade of blue emanates tranquility. The delicate veining is inherent to the stone and enhances its nature. The gem is considered as a stone of protection, which safeguards riders. Kings, warriors, and shamans also use it as talismans.
Knowing Turquoise jewelry and meaning allows you to benefit from the energies that the stone can bring. Turquoise is most popularly used in jewelry for both its varied beauty and mystical powers. It is a versatile fashion statement that holds beneficial properties, such as clearing thoughts and enhancing spirituality. It is also a jewel of emotional well-being and healing. As a gift, it represents good health, opulence, and benevolence.
Turquoise is a gemstone under the chemical classification of phosphate. It has bluish white to greenish white streak and black or brown matrix or spider-webbing. It also has a waxy to sub-vitreous luster, depending on how polished the stone is. The precious gem features a perfect cleavage that is rarely seen due to the small grain-size of most specimens. Moreover, it has 5 to 6 Mohs hardness and 2.6 to 2.9 specific gravity, depending on porosity and matrix.
Turquoise: What is Turquoise Stone Good For?
The term is derived from the French, pierre turquoise, which means Turkish stone. Turquoise symbolizes power. It empowers men and women and is usually used as a talisman of ambition, creativity, luck, and success. It also promotes success in careers by encouraging leadership in the workplace, helping overcome writer’s block, and helping make wise decisions.
What Are the Healing Properties of Turquoise?
The healing properties of turquoise can be set up easily to allow you to work at your highest vibrations by setting certain healing intentions. You can also use it as a good luck charm for abundance and health, or to realign your energy centers to help clear the path for higher consciousness.
- Spiritual Spiritually, turquoise heals and purifies your energy midpoints and physical body. It induces wisdom and enhances trust, kindness, and recognition of beauty. It also boosts your ability to see the good and the bad aspects of yourself and integrate them into a cohesive whole. Furthermore, it reminds you that all your experiences are real and that mistakes are a part of life.
- Emotional Turquoise may be the most efficient healer as it promotes a healthy state for the spirit and body. It enriches your emotion by inducing a sense of serenity. Wearing the gem also helps restore your strength and lifts your spirits. Moreover, it relieves stress, calms your mood swings, and empowers you when you feel prejudiced.
Turquoise is a gemstone of purification that drives out negative energy and dispels electromagnetic haze. It encourages you to fulfill the possibilities of your character or personality and helps you use your creativity in solving your problems. It also helps with uneasiness, making it suitable for those with fear of flying and jet lag. Moreover, it inhibits narcissism as it allows you to be open to the point of view of other people.
- Mental New Age healers recommend turquoise for people who fear public speaking. It has the ability to make a speaker more eloquent, honest, and loving. It also improves your mental state by increasing serenity, empathy, positive thinking, creativity, happiness, wisdom, intuition, and sensitivity. Moreover, it opens up connections between friends and strengthens courage, convictions, and personal power.
- Physical Turquoise is a strengthening stone that boosts your psychic and physical immune systems. It supports the absorption of nutrients in your body and alleviates viral infections. It also reduces inflammation or swelling, which makes it beneficial for gout and rheumatism. Moreover, it keeps your respiratory system healthy and assists in problems of the brain, throat, eyes, and ears.
Turquoise for Chakra Healing and Balancing
The healing powers of Turquoise open all chakras, which allows love and communication to flow through you. Healers often associate these healing powers with the 5th Chakra or the Throat, which is the center of communication, serenity, creativity, and spiritual bonding. It also benefits the operation of the Heart Chakra by opening yourself for giving and receiving love.
Placed on the Third Eye, Turquoise promotes meditation and intuition. It is the stone for finding truth and completeness. It stimulates and harmonizes the 5th Chakra to release old vows and inhibitions and to articulate your deepest wisdom. It also empowers you to share your wisdom and promotes the knowledge that everyone has something valuable to contribute to the collective.
Who Can Benefit from Turquoise?
The benefits of wearing this colorful gem are endless. It is believed to bring calmness and serenity in your life. It also protects you from negative energy and bad omens. Turquoise is revered as a holy stone that brings good fortune. Moreover, it possesses healing qualities that are beneficial for people who work at high altitudes and related to:
It is also the perfect companion for people who travel a lot. It protects you from thefts, accidents, and other unwanted incidences. Turquoise has so many positive effects that more people wake up to the benefits brought by the blue-green gem.
What Does Turquoise Attract?
Turquoise attracts love. It is often used to promote harmony in marriage and enhance communications in relationships. It helps the energies of two individuals to blend harmoniously. When worn as a piece of jewelry, it signifies a promise of fidelity and security to your lover or partner. It also makes sure that you remain the best of friends, even amidst challenging times. Moreover, it ensures that positive love energies will continue to flow in your relationship.
How to Use Your Turquoise Stone to Manifest and Activate Healing Properties
Turquoise has many beneficial healing properties. It works in boosting the immune system and stimulating tissue regeneration. It has also been a symbol of wealth and opulence. It promotes your ambition as well as the energy to fulfill your dreams. To benefit from these, you need to activate the stone’s healing properties, and there are many ways to do that.
- Hold a Turquoise stone while praying or meditating so that its energy is in physical contact with your body. The gem’s energies can influence the molecular structure of your body, allowing you to connect with God and the angels. Meditate in a quiet place where you can be alone with your thoughts and be free of distractions.
- Use a Turquoise mala or Turquoise prayer beads to facilitate spiritual healing. The gemstone brings knowledge, power, inner peace, and enlightenment. It also awakens and eases the soul, and assists you in finding your true path. Moreover, it promotes growth, life changes, transformations, and self-development.
- Wear bracelets and rings that contain Turquoise gemstones, especially on Fridays, to succeed in love and career. The stone increases your positive thoughts and self-confidence so you can overcome difficult situations easily. Wearing it also promotes marriage possibilities.
- Hold a Turquoise tumble stone as you focus your intention during meditation to tune in your energies and spread them into the world. The gemstone makes it easy to meditate, bringing you peace of mind and allowing you to perceive information psychically. It also promotes honest communication straight from the heart.
- Hold Turquoise stone near the Third Eye or Throat Chakra during meditation to remove energetic obstructions that prevent you from expressing your desires. It also brings clarity to intuitive messages so you can communicate from your heart honestly.
- Soak in the bathtub with turquoise gemstones to establish a fluidity of thought and energy. Turquoise gives clarity and provides the basis to reach a deeper understanding of yourself, making it a natural stress-reliever. It also dispels negative thoughts and holds the energy of love.
- Put turquoise crystals in water, let it sit overnight and drink in the morning. Turquoise is one of the gemstones that you can use to charge and sort-of purify your drinking water. Project into it positive thoughts and emotions to benefit from a more intense and vitalized vibration.
Turquoise Crystal Grids to Enhance Your Manifesting
A crystal grid is a means to work with crystals by arranging them into shapes and patterns. It often incorporates sacred geometry such as the Flower of Life in its design. It may also use a base of printed cloth or paper, wooden board, or copper plate as a template, depending on the grid. A crystal grid has many different purposes. You may use it for healing, prosperity, love, protection, and anything you need help with.
The energy of the crystals, the geometric design, and your intentions all work as one energy towards a common goal. Turquoise symbolizes wisdom, expansion, love, luck, oneness, and communication. Thus, turquoise crystal grids assist your energetic body or space in tuning your vibrational frequency and allow related intentions to manifest physically. You may combine it with other types of crystals to add strength and to multiply energies to make a change.
Here’s how to use the gemstone in a crystal grid for stress:
- Hold all crystals in your hands and raise them above eye level. Close your eyes and focus on them while saying your intentions in your head or out loud.
- Place five Amazonite crystals on the floor or bed in the shape of a pentagon. Make sure it is big enough for you to lay inside it.
- Lay down the other crystals and place them on your body in the following pattern:
- Place the turquoise crystal on your Crown Chakra for mental stress
- Place the rose quartz crystal on your Heart Chakra for emotional stress
- Place Shiva Lingham crystal on your Root Chakra for work stress
- Close your eyes, take three deep breaths and relax for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove all crystals, cleanse, and deprogram them before putting them away.
Turquoise Orgone Pyramid to Amplify Your Intentions
An orgone pyramid is a mix of resin and metal shavings with the property of moving the orgone energy back and forth to cleanse stagnant negative energies. Adding turquoise to the mix magnifies the powerful healing effect of the crystal. The orgone pyramid imitates the exact proportions of Egypt’s Great Pyramid of Giza, which makes it even more powerful.
An orgone pyramid has the ability to clean the energies at work and living or sleeping spaces. It also protects you from EMF radiation, strengthens your immune system, and helps you reach optimal psychological and physical health. Here are the benefits of using orgone pyramids:
- Improve sleep by fighting insomnia and promoting pleasant dreams
- Create a peaceful environment by enhancing the positive energies in the room
- Energize food and water, and boost plant growth
- Protect you from EMF radiation
- Project high vibrational energies to remove stressors that affect you at an unconscious level
- Helps in specific imbalances and spiritual growth
- Strengthen intentions and visualizations by helping you access deeper meditative states
- Improve your immunity and resistance to illnesses by enhancing your energy levels
- Provides a thorough energetic cleansing
There are many other things that the orgone pyramid can do for you, such as money and love attraction, spiritual protection, aid in sleep, and stress relief. There’s no limit to what you can create as long as you use the right combination of crystals.
How to Use Turquoise for Feng Shui
In feng shui, Turquoise embodies a beautiful expression of water. It is used to attract wealth and money, and improve your overall health and well-being. It has a calming and uplifting energy that makes it an excellent choice for children’s rooms, home offices, and the family room. It can also be a good addition to the bedroom, especially if your relationship is going through tough challenges.
To attract wealth, place the crystal in your Money area (southeast bagua). A feng shui gem tree with turquoise is a popular choice. To improve health, place it in the ease bagua area. Make sure to bring two necessary feng shui elements for more harmonious energy. The first element is Earth, which has light yellow and sandy colors. The second is the Wood element that has green and light brown colors.
Be mindful not to place your Turquoise crystal in direct sunlight in long periods of time to because it can damage the stone. Place it in places that will protect it from heat and sunlight, and protect it from scratches and falls.
How was Turquoise Used in Ancient Times
Turquoise is the most ancient stone known to human civilization. It fascinated humans since 200 B.C. Pharaohs, Aztecs, and ancient warriors used it and had many stories associated with it. They used the stone to protect themselves from falling off their horses while fighting battles. The Apache used them to embellish their bows, so their arrows always hit their targets. They believed that it would improve their weapon’s accuracy.
In earlier times, the stone was believed to change its color if the wearer is ill or in danger. It would only turn back to its original color once the calamity has passed. It was also believed to be discolored or become damp if the wearer was poisoned.
Turquoise is one of the three birthstones for the month of December. It carries a unique blue tone that symbolizes the frigid winters of the month. It has been attributed with healing powers, good luck, wealth, and protection from evil. It is also supposed to uphold the mental health and spiritual clarity of the wearer. Moreover, it enhances wisdom, kindness, trust, and understanding.
The gemstone helps the people born in December to be happy and successful. It brings all good things to them, such as luck, opulence, protection from disease, and open communication. It also dispels negative energy, enhances intuition, release ambitions, and promotes self-realization. Moreover, it aids in creative problem solving and maintains composure when speaking in public.
Turquoise Zodiac Sign
The soothing Turquoise stone has remarkable energies for three particular zodiac signs. Those are Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Pisces.
Let’s talk about Scorpio first. Scorpios are notorious for their bad traits like jealousy and bitterness but they, in fact, are gentle humans who need understanding and patience. Hence, the Turquoise stone placates Scorpios when they lose their temper and balances their energy.
As the Turquoise stone stimulates the Throat Chakra and the Third Eye Chakra, it is extremely useful for Scorpios. It helps them communicate and express themselves clearly. In this way, they are less likely to be misunderstood. Moreover, this crystal also protects Scorpios and enhances their intuitive abilities.
The next Zodiac sign associated with turquoise is Sagittarius, which is the sign of the archer. Sagittarians are known to engage in an internal quest for meaning. The gemstone protects them and helps them attune to new experiences. It guides them to the unknown and conveys spiritual peace and serenity. It also conducts the energies of the planet Jupiter. Wearing it focuses the energies of the planet and the zodiac sign to bring prosperity, success, happiness, and good fortune.
Next, we have the Zodiac sign Pisces. The beautiful Turquoise stone is the birthstone for Pisces people. Being a stone of balance, Turquoise facilitates a stable state of mind and tranquility. Mainly, this crystal heals Pisces people emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
When Pisceans are going through a heartbreak, the Turquoise stone induces calmness and rationality in their minds. It also liberates them from shame or guilt associated with feelings of sadness. Furthermore, this stone helps Pisceans in sorting out their messy emotions.
Turquoise and the Elements
All gemstones are strongly linked with energies of different elements. And there are four basic elements which are Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. There also exists a fifth element called Akasha which binds these four together. That said, gemstones are conduits of particular elemental energies.
If we talk about Turquoise, the energies of this stone resonate with all four elements. Let us understand these elements and how they are exhibited in the Turquoise stone.
The Earth element is vital to our bodies. It is the source of abundance, success, and growth. With the Turquoise stone, you can access this element. It protects and stabilizes your energy fields. Also, the Earth element grounds you according to your needs. Additionally, this element showers you with strength and prepares you for the difficulties of life.
The Water element is deeply cleansing and purifying. It impacts your emotions, thoughts, friendships, and relationships. As Water is the element of peace and love, the Turquoise stone generously welcomes these two things in your life.
With this elemental energy in your life, your healing process strengthens and flows smoothly. It also expands your ability to love and be loved.
This is the element of the mind. Chiefly, it represents imagination, inspiration, and communication. Therefore, the Air element sows seeds of new ideas and visions in your mind. In this way, it facilitates your growth and maturity. Also, you gain awareness through this element.
As we all know, Fire is the creator and the destroyer. Hence, it symbolizes transformation as it destroys unneeded thoughts and makes room for new developments. The Fire element increases your vital power and strength. Indeed, it awakens your enthusiasm and passion as well and also protects you from harmful energy.
Turquoise and Numerology
The numerical vibration of the Turquoise stone is 1. A numerical vibration is a frequency at which matter vibrates. Interestingly, these numbers are important because there is a divine meaning behind them. They also have a certain impact on our lives according to their powers.
As Turquoise has the vibration number of 1, let us talk about its meaning. It is the number of new beginnings, independence, uniqueness, initiative, and strength. The meaning of number 1 is majorly linked with “the self”.
Number 1 commands the raw energy residing in you and motivates you for achievement and success. Moreover, this number also controls the aspects of happiness, love, and positivity.
Turquoise and Planetary Connection
Astrology tells us that planets in the outer space influence our lives on Earth in divine ways. The interesting thing to note is that the energies of these planets are manifested in various things, including gemstones.
The planets associated with the Turquoise gemstone are Venus and Neptune.
As it is named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty, Venus controls these aspects of our life. It influences our aesthetic side. It means that this planet reigns over beauty, pleasure, passion, romance, and contentment.
Another fascinating fact about this loving planet is that it also governs luxury and exuberance. Indeed, it is clear that this planet is more in touch with our feminine attributes.
Neptune influences our dreams, spirituality, and psychic abilities. So basically, this dreamy blue planet governs the unseen domains of our life. It allows you to bond with your inner self. Furthermore, this planet impacts divination and helps you achieve awareness and higher truths.
Another aspect governed by Neptune is your imagination, fantasies, and artistic expression. Besides that, this planet also watches over specific parts of your personality like sensitivity and intuition.
How Do You Care for Your Turquoise Gemstone?
Like other gemstones, caring for turquoise requires careful handling to avoid scratching the stone. Do not store them with harder gemstones or materials that may rub against it and cause damage. Also, keep the stone away from high heat and chemicals like household cleansers, oils, and perfumes. The constant bombardment of such chemicals can have a negative effect even on a stabilized turquoise. Moreover, clean it in warm, sudsy water and wipe it with a soft cloth to dry. As much as possible, avoid using commercial jewelry cleaners.
How is Turquoise Formed?
As a secondary mineral, turquoise forms when water percolates through pre-existing minerals such as copper, aluminum, and phosphorus. Climate plays a significant role as the gemstone is commonly found in arid regions. It is presently formed in the southwestern US, Chile, China, Mexico, Iran, and Egypt. Rainfall permeates rock and soil in these areas and dissolves inconsiderable amounts of copper. As the water disperses, the copper combines with phosphorus and aluminum to deposit little amounts of turquoise.
What Are the Different Types of Turquoise?
Turquoise turns heads in the gemstone market due to its unique hue. Blue minerals are rare, and the stone’s color appears in different shades of it. The most desirable colors of turquoise are sky blue and Robin’s egg blue. Some have a matrix, while others don’t. To help you identify them better, here are the most common types of turquoise:
DRY CREEK TURQUOISE
Dry Creek turquoise has a milky white and light blue color. It forms in areas with low concentrations of copper and aluminum, which make the gemstone very rare. It is only found in a mine located in Lander County, Nevada. Most turquoise of this color is chalky and soft, but the Dry Creek is naturally hard and takes a superior polish. The highest grade of this type appears with brown matrix.
CARICO LAKE TURQUOISE
Carico Lake turquoise ranges from striking shades of blue to lime green. The lime green version is most valued for its rarity and unique color, which results from high levels of zinc and faustite. It is found on a dried up lake bed in Lander County, Nevada. Due to its remote location and harsh weather conditions during winter, only a short amount of time is allowed to mine this type of turquoise. These factors add to the investment value of the gemstone.
Fox turquoise appears in various shades of green and blue with both often occurring in the same stone. The higher grade material is very tough, which makes it suitable to be made into jewelry. However, the mine in Lander County, Nevada is no longer in operation.
Kingman turquoise is famous for its sky blue color with characteristic veining. It is mined in Kingman, Arizona, which produces many variations of the blue turquoise. The high blue version has become a standard in the industry, which made it one of the most valued turquoise in the world.
LONE MOUNTAIN TURQUOISE
Lone Mountain turquoise has a clear blue to dark blue spider web matrix, which is the most sought after type. These days, the Lone Mountain mine mostly produces robin’s egg blue or gray-blue turquoise that makes the dark blue with black spider web very rare to find. The gemstone is famous for its ability to hold its beautiful color for decades. It is also harder than most turquoise, which makes it ideal for jewelry-making.
NUMBER 8 TURQUOISE
Number 8 turquoise is easy to identify due to its black, golden, or brown spider web matrix. It has a light blue to blue-green to dark blue color and is unusually large with the largest weighing up to 150 pounds. It can be found in the Lynn mining district of Eureka County, Nevada. However, the mine has been closed since the discovery of gold in 1976. Fortunately, the recent owner Dowell Ward still has a stockpile left.
Royston turquoise has bold color variations from soft blue to emerald green. It also comes with a variety of matrices, such as white, black, golden brown, and more. The gemstone can be found in a mine near Tonopah, Nevada, which is owned and operated by the Otteson family. You can quickly identify this type through its narrow veinlets that are surrounded by the host rock.
SLEEPING BEAUTY TURQUOISE
Sleeping Beauty turquoise has a pure sky blue or robin’s egg blue color and is produced in one of the most famous mines in Globe, Arizona. It is relatively stable, which makes it suitable for jewelry-making. It is also considered as one of the most desirable turquoises in the world due to the purity of its color. Moreover, the gemstone got its name from the appearance of the mountain where the mine is located. From afar, the elevation looks like a sleeping woman laying on her back with her arms crossed.
Also known as Stefilia’s stone, the Larimar Turquoise is an extremely rare gemstone only found in the mountainous and hard-to-access region of Barahona, Dominican Republic. It is a form of pectolite, which usually has a white to gray color, but the Larimar Turquoise gemstone comes in blue. Since it is difficult to excavate, its value skyrocketed in recent years.
Natives believed that it came from the sea and called it Blue Stone. It is said to be a spiritual stone that helps in healing and communication. In 1974, Miguel Mendez rediscovered the stone and started mining it. He coined the word Larimar, Lar from his youngest daughter Larissa and Mar, which means sea in Spanish.
Where is Turquoise Found in the World?
Turquoise is found in its natural state in places with dry climates. Traditional sources include Egypt, Israel, and the American Southwest. Today, it is mainly mined in Chile, Mexico, Afghanistan, Iran, China, Australia, and in the U.S. states of Nevada and Arizona. The characteristics of the turquoise from different regions are somewhat similar, but different mines produce slight variations of the stone.
- Turquoise Gemstone Pendant
- Tibetan Soul Necklace
- Boho-Chic Turquoise Anklet
- Turquoise Crystal Skull
- Turquoise Pendulum Necklace
- Turquoise Chakra Wand Necklace
- Turquoise Tree of Life Gemstone Necklace
- Turquoise Gemstone Pendant Necklace
- Turquoise Crystal Angel
- Turquoise Mala
- Turquoise Beaded Bracelet
- Turquoise Crystal Heart
- Turquoise Flora Embroidered Crystal Wand Pendant Necklace
- Turquoise Gemstone Cabochon Ring
- Turquoise Crystal Ball Pendulum Necklace
- Turquoise Skull Bracelet