SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Text Marketing and notifications (if applicable): By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 50 per month. You can unsubscribe from further text messages by replying STOP. Message and data rates may apply.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Notice – Highlights
When you use or interact with a U.S. website, mobile app or other digital service (each a “Digital Service”) operated or owned by Soul Charms , we and third parties may obtain certain information about you. In this Highlights section, we provide an overview of our privacy practices related to the Digital Services. Please review our full Privacy Notice below for a detailed explanation of our practices.
What Information We Obtain
- Information you provide when you use the Digital Services, including when you sign up for newsletters, order subscriptions, create an account or register for a membership through the Digital Services. This may include your contact, payment or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information you give us about others, such as a friend’s contact information when you order a gift subscription.
- Information collected by automated means such as cookies or pixels. This may include information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the Digital Services. This collection may take place while you are using a Digital Service or while the Digital Service is running in the background of your device.
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
How We Use Information We Obtain
- To process your requests and provide you with the Digital Services, including to deliver customized content or recommendations. Note that we use your payment card information (such as your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- To learn about users of the Digital Services and analyze how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to deliver interest-based ads, for cross-device linking and to analyze the performance of advertising and marketing activities.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
How We Share Information
- Within the Soul Charm family of companies.
- With service providers that perform services or handle transactions on our behalf.
- With advertisers, advertising- and marketing-related services providers and partners as well as companies that help us learn how you and others interact with our content.
- With social media platforms and similar services, including when you interact with our Digital Services that integrate tools and services provided by social medial platforms.
- With business partners, such as when we partner with a third party to offer products or services on a co-branded basis.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions.
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction.
Your Choices, Including Marketing and Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
- You may take steps to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising on your browser or mobile device.
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails, or for certain Digital Services, by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- The Digital Services are operated from the United States. Information may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
- The Digital Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13.
- If you are accessing the Digital Services from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, additional provisions may be relevant for you. These are included at the end of this Privacy Notice.
If you have questions about our Privacy Notice you can contact us by email at email@example.com
B. What Information We Obtain
C. How We Use Information We Obtain
D. How We Share Information
E. Your Choices, Including Marketing and Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
F. Additional Information for California Residents
G. How We Protect Your Information
H. Non-U.S. Visitors
I. Children’s Privacy Rights
J. Links to Third-Party Websites, Mobile Apps or Other Services
K. Careers/Job Opportunities
M. Changes to This Privacy Notice
N. Contact Us
O. Additional Information for European Visitors
This Privacy Notice applies to the U.S. website, mobile application or other digital service (each a “Digital Service”) linking to this Privacy Notice and owned or operated by meanings.soulcharmsnyc.com (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Soul Charms”). This Privacy Notice describes the privacy practices of Soul Charms only and does not cover the practices of other companies, including those that may advertise or sponsor content, products or services on the Digital Services.
B. WHAT INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
When you use a Digital Service, we may obtain various types of information related to you and your use of the Digital Service. This may include information that directly identifies you such as your name, address, or contact information (this type of information may be called “personal information” or “personally identifiable information”). The information we obtain generally consists of information (1) you give us about yourself, (2) you give us about others, (3) automatically collected about your interactions with the Digital Services and our content or ads on third-party websites, apps or other media, and (4) we get from other sources.
1. Information you give us
We may ask you to provide information about yourself when you use the Digital Services. For example, to subscribe to one of our newsletters, you will need to give us an email address. You may not be able to use certain features if you choose not to submit the requested information.
The information you give us may include details such as:
- Contact information (e.g., name, mailing address, email address or phone number).
- Demographic, interests and household information (e.g., age, gender or education).
- Payment information for subscriptions or purchases made through the Digital Services (e.g., payment card number, expiration date and billing information).
- Comments, photos, videos and other content or information you choose to publish on the Digital Services or otherwise share with us.
- Information you provide when you choose to participate in surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests or promotions (including information about your participation in activities that may generate loyalty or rewards points).
- Location information, which may include precise location information when you permit the Digital Services to access device location. To prevent the collection of precise location information, please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or device manufacturer.
- Other information you may allow us to access through your device’s permissions settings, such as your contacts or address book.
- Transactional and activity information (e.g., requests, searches or orders).
2. Information you give us about others
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and email of a friend or contact with whom you want to share an article or the name and address of a gift subscription recipient. Do not give us information about others unless you are authorized or have their consent to do so. We will use their information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
3. Information automatically collected
The Digital Services automatically log certain information about visits to the Digital Services, such as the number and frequency of visitors, technical information about browsers and devices used to access the Digital Services, and information about crashes or other technical issues. In addition, we and third parties may automatically collect certain information through automated means about your activities over time across the Digital Services as well as across third-party sites, apps or other media. The tools that collect this information vary depending on the Digital Services and include technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, pixels, local shared objects (including HTML5 cookies) and software development kits (“SDKs”). These technologies may be included in our web pages, mobile apps, emails, and other digital content. The tools may assign or collect unique cookie IDs or other identifiers associated with your browser or device. The tools may collect information while you are using our Digital Services or while they are running in the background of your device.
The information automatically collected may include:
- Information about your computer, device, browser and operating system (e.g., type, model, or version).
- Internet protocol (IP) address, which may be used to derive your general geographic area (e.g., city and country).
- Device identifiers (e.g., mobile advertising IDs).
- Information about your interactions with the Digital Services, including browsing activities and clickstream data that reflect the content you have accessed, clicked on, or viewed.
- Information about how you accessed the Digital Services, including details about websites or apps visited immediately before or after accessing aDigital Service.
- Demographic, interests and household information.
- Information about your interactions with email messages and other communications, such as whether you opened or forwarded the email or clicked on links contained in the email.
For more information about the use of automated means in the context of interest-based advertising and how you can limit tracking, see here.
4. Information we obtain from other sources
We receive information about you from other sources and it may be combined with other information about you. For example, we may obtain data from:
- Operators of third-party sites or apps, content distribution channels and platforms (e.g., Roku, Amazon Fire TV), voice-activated assistants (e.g., Amazon Alexa, Google Home) or other devices and technologies when you interact with our content, products, services or ads available on those channels and platforms. The information we receive may include information about the content you view or access as well as your demographic information and information about your interests.
- Third-party data suppliers such as data aggregators, data resellers, public databases and business partners. They may provide us with demographic information, information about your purchases, and other information that helps us learn about you and other users of the Digital Services.
- Social Media Platforms and similar services (“Social Media Platforms”). When you engage with our content or ads on Social Media Platforms, or interact with features on the Digital Services that contain content or features provided by Social Media Platforms (e.g., login or sign in features or tools that allow you to share our content with others on Social Media Platforms), we may obtain information from Social Media Platforms, including your username, user ID, demographic information and other information, subject to the settings and privacy practices of the relevant Social Media Platform. We may obtain this information directly from the Social Media Platform or through plug-ins, integrations or applications. Please keep in mind that the operators of the Social Media Platforms may also gather information about your use of the Digital Services and their features and tools.
C. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
If you make a purchase or place an order through or in connection with a Digital Service, we use your payment card information (e.g., your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and for the purposes described under the section “To protect our rights or the rights of others” below.
With respect to information other than your payment card information, we use that information:
1. To provide you with the Digital Services. This includes:
- Processing your requests regarding the Digital Services and our subscriptions, products or services, or your participation in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Providing customer assistance or technical support.
- Customizing content, providing recommendations and enhancing the quality and your overall experience with the Digital Services, including by retaining your user preferences or presenting content in the most effective manner for the browser or device you use to access the Digital Services.
- Maintaining, operating, improving and developing the Digital Services and related content, products or services, including developing new products and features based on users’ interactions with the Digital Services.
- Learning about users of the Digital Services and analyzing how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services, including by measuring and optimizing usage, reliability and performance, conducting market research,analyzing trends, and supporting our operations (e.g., for accounting, auditing, financial, legal or other purposes).
2. To communicate with you. This includes:
- Sending you informational messages about the Digital Services (e.g., to confirm your subscription or notify you of changes to a Digital Service).
- Delivering marketing or promotional communications, including offers or promotions about our or third parties’ products, services or other initiatives.
- Responding to your questions or addressing your requests.
- Communicating with you about surveys, sweepstakes, contests, promotions or events.
3. For advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising. This includes:
- Developing, managing and conducting advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about our content, products and services or third parties’ products, services and other initiatives.
- Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or personalized advertising or ads) is advertising based on your interests as inferred from your activities over time on the Digital Services and online services operated by third parties, as well as information from other sources. Interest-based ads may consist of text ads, images, animations or videos and may be displayed to you based on various factors, including the context of the site or app in which they appear (e.g., sport or travel section), information you provided to the operator of the site or app (e.g., when you created an account), your activities on the site or app (e.g., pages viewed, searches performed or ads clicked), and information such as your demographic, interests and household information.
- On the Digital Services and on third-party sites, apps or other media, we, our service providers and third parties may use automated means to (a) collect information for interest-based advertising purposes or (b) serve you interest-based ads. These automated means vary depending on the Digital Services and include technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, pixels, local shared objects (including HTML5 cookies) and SDKs. These technologies may use unique identifiers associated with your browser or device to support interest-based advertising.
- We may use online and offline information we obtain about you, including your personal information, for interest-based advertising purposes. We may aggregate the information we obtain to create audiences that are most likely to respond to ads based on demographic, interests or household information.
- Interest-based ads may be displayed to you by third parties, such as ad networks or exchanges.
- There are steps you can take to limit the collection of your information for interest-based advertising purposes. These steps vary for the web and mobile app environments and are browser and device specific. To learn more about interest-based advertising and opt-out choices, see http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and here.
- In serving interest-based ads, we adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Cross-device linking. If you access the Digital Services from multiple browsers or devices, we, our service providers and third parties may try to establish connections among and link the different browsers and devices you use to access the Digital Services and our content or ads published elsewhere. This helps us provide you with a seamless experience across the browsers and devices you use and serve you with more relevant content and ads (e.g., so that we don’t show you the same article twice).
- Analyzing and measuring the performance, effectiveness and reach of our advertising (including interest-based ads) and marketing efforts on the Digital Services and elsewhere.
4. To protect our rights or the rights of others. This includes:
- Performing audits, assessments and testing or troubleshooting activities.
- Backing up our systems (including for disaster recovery purposes) and enhancing the overall security of the Digital Services.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable industry and legal requirements (including legal process such as court orders, warrants or subpoenas) and fulfilling contractual obligations.
D. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share the information we obtain with:
1. Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We work closely with affiliates and subsidiaries within the Hearst family of companies with whom we share your information as necessary or appropriate to operate the Digital Services.
2. Service Providers. In connection with the operation and provision of the Digital Services, we engage various third parties to provide services or handle transactions on our behalf, such as payment card processing, email distribution, list processing, postal mailing, cloud computing, analytics, digital content performance measurement, ad serving and managing sweepstakes, contests, promotions or events. These service providers use the information we provide to them as necessary or appropriate for the performance of their services.
3. Advertisers, Advertising- and Marketing-Related Service Providers and Partners. We may provide your information to advertisers, advertising agencies, ad networks, ad exchanges, marketing businesses, technology vendors and other entities that create, deliver and assess advertising or marketing campaigns, including interest-based ads.
4. Content Measurement Companies. We and third parties seek to measure the performance of content across the internet, including on the Digital Services. We may include third-party measurement software in the Digital Services to enable market research or to measure digital and video content consumption.
5. Social Media Platforms. If you interact with social media widgets, share content using social media share buttons, or access features of the Digital Services that contain content or features provided by Social Media Platforms, the relevant Social Media Platforms may collect information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the Social Media Platforms that you engage with as we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
6. Business Partners. We may provide your information to business partners including, without limitation, joint marketing partners and content sponsors, for various purposes. For example, we may partner with a third party to offer products on a co-branded, co-sponsored or cross-promotional basis that involves the sharing of information. These initiatives may be offered on the Digital Services or on other media.
7. Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Rights. We may share your information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, the privacy or safety of our employees, users of the Digital Services or other individuals and entities, or to comply with or enforce applicable industry standards, law or legal process, including responding to court orders, warrants, subpoenas and other requests from public and government authorities.
8. Corporate Transactions. We reserve the right to transfer any of the information we have about you to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation.
9. With Your Consent or Otherwise at Your Direction. In addition, we may share your information with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
E. YOURS CHOICES, INCLUDING MARKETING AND INTEREST-BASED ADS OPT-OUTS
Direct Marketing Opt-Outs
- Email marketing. You may opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in such emails. Depending on the Digital Service you use, you also may be able to opt out of marketing or promotional emails by logging into your account and managing your email preferences.Please keep in mind that if you opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails, we may still send you transactional emails or other communications relating to your use of the Digital Services (e.g., to confirm your subscription, to inform you of changes to a Digital Service or in response to your password recovery request).
- Text message marketing. If you choose to participate in a text message marketing campaign or promotion offered in connection with a Digital Service, you may opt out of receiving marketing texts from us by following the instructions contained in those messages (e.g., texting the word STOP) or provided to you when you elected to receive text message marketing.
- Direct mail. You may request that we stop sending you postal mail offers through the US post office by notifying us in writing at RNS, PO BOX 41881, Mesa Az , 85202. Please indicate in your correspondence the name of the Digital Service or publication to which your request applies.
- Marketing by Third Parties. We may provide your contact information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. To request that third parties do not use your postal mailing contact information for their own marketing purposes (if we have your postal address), you may notify us in writing at RNS, PO BOX 41881, Mesa Az , 85202. Please indicate in your correspondence the name of the Digital Service or publication to which your request applies. In addition, you may be able to request that third parties do not use your email address (if we have it) for their own marketing purposes by logging into your account or the preferences center (if available) for the relevant Digital Service and adjusting your email preferences.
- Co-Branded, Co-Sponsored or Cross-Promotional Offerings. If you choose to participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored or cross-promotional offering, the brand, sponsor or other third party involved in that offering may use your information for its own purposes, including advertising and marketing purposes. You must contact the relevant third party directly to exercise your opt out choices with respect to such party’s use of your information.
Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
Some of the ads you see on the Digital Services are interest-based ads. This means that these ads are customized based on the information we and others obtain about you. We describe below steps you can take to limit tracking of your activities and the delivery of interest-based ads in browsers and mobile apps you use to access the Digital Services. Please keep in mind that if you opt out of interest-based ads, you will still see ads, but these ads will not be based on your inferred interests. In addition, if you take the steps described below, some automated means may still be used to collect information about your interactions with the Digital Services for the other purposes described in this Privacy Notice (e.g., to remember user preferences or enable specific functionality).
The technologies used to deliver ads on websites and mobile apps differ. Please also remember that opt-outs are browser and device-specific.
Website (Browser) Opt-Out
1. Disabling Cookies. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain cookies or notify you before accepting cookies.
2. Opt-out Cookies. You can follow the instructions provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) here and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) here to place an opt-out cookie on your browser. These opt-out cookies enable you to block participating companies from installing future cookies on your computer or browser.
- If you place opt-out cookies but subsequently clear or delete cookies on your computer or device browser, your opt-out cookies may be deleted and you may have to renew your opt-out choices for that specific browser.
- The opt-out mechanisms offered by the DAA and NAI are provided by third parties. Hearst does not control or operate these mechanisms or the choices provided through these mechanisms.
Mobile App Opt-Out
1. Device Settings. To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads ” for Android.
2. AppChoices Application. You can download the “AppChoices” application provided by the DAA from your app store. AppChoices offers a mechanism to limit the collection of app data used for interest-based ads by participating companies. See here for more.
Please keep in mind that as the mobile environment continues to evolve, additional opt-out mechanisms or privacy settings may become available to you. We encourage you to review the information on opt-outs and settings that device manufacturers, technology companies and industry associations make available to you.
The Digital Services may include Nielsen proprietary measurement software, which contributes to market research (e.g., Nielsen TV Ratings). To learn more about the information that Nielsen software may collect and the choices you may have, please see the Nielsen Digital Measurement Privacy Statement.
1. User account. If you have created an account on a Digital Service, you may be able to review some of your information for that account by logging in and updating your information or user preferences.
2. Device Settings. For relevant Digital Services, you may be able to review and adjust your preferences by updating the settings on your device (e.g., permitting us to collect precise location information).
3. Push Notifications. If a Digital Service enables push notifications on your device, you may review and update your push notification preferences by adjusting the settings on your device. For example, you can select the relevant app from “Notifications” (for iOS devices) or “App notifications” (for Android devices) and turn off alerts accordingly.
F. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California may request a list of third parties to which certain personal information (as defined by applicable California law) obtained through a Digital Service was disclosed by Hearst during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at RNS, PO BOX 41881, Mesa Az , 85202. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please also indicate in your request the name of the Digital Service to which your request applies. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Do Not Track
Soul Charms does not currently take steps to respond to browsers “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
G. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
H. NON-U.S. VISITORS
We operate the Digital Services from the United States. Any information we obtain about you in connection with your use of the Digital Services may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
I. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Digital Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
J. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, MOBILE APPS OR OTHER SERVICES
The Digital Services may contain links to websites, mobile apps or other services operated by companies not affiliated with Soul Charms. In addition, the Digital Services may be made available to you through third-party platforms (such as app stores or Social Media Platforms) or other channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Hearst operated websites, mobile apps or other services and channels, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies or notices published by relevant third parties.
K. CAREERS/JOB OPPORTUNITIES
This Privacy Notice does not apply to web pages hosting our careers or job opportunities. Any information obtained through such pages is governed by the privacy notice published thereon.
M. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices or applicable laws. In accordance with applicable law, we may make such changes without prior notice. We will publish the updated version on the relevant Digital Services and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated. Your use of the Digital Services will be governed by the then-current version of the Privacy Notice.
N. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
O. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN VISITORS
In order to address our legal obligations in Europe (including the UK), Soul Charms provides the following additional information for Europe-based visitors to Hearst’s U.S. Digital Services.
Who is Responsible for Your Information?
If you use or interact with a Soul Charms U.S. Digital Service then the data controller will be meanings.soulcharmsnyc.com The contact details for this entity are provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
Legal Bases for Using Your Information
We process personal information for different purposes (as described in the “How We Use Information We Obtain” section, above) on the following legal bases:
To perform our contractual obligations to you. We and our service providers process your information to perform our contractual obligations to you when we use your information to provide you with the Digital Services and related content, products or services and to communicate with you. For example, when you purchase a subscription from us, we process your payment and contact information as necessary to confirm the subscription and we process your contact information and other details to provide you with support services you request. We also send you informational communications on this basis, including to confirm a subscription or to notify you of a change to a Digital Service. Failure to provide requested information could prevent or delay the fulfilment of our contractual obligations.
- To pursue our legitimate interests. We process your information to meet our legitimate interests when we use your information to provide you with the Digital Services and related content, products or services, to communicate with you and for our advertising and marketing purposes. For example, our legitimate interests include making improvements to, customizing and understanding how you interact with the Digital Services and related content, products or services, and sending you communications about products and services we think may be of interest to you. To accomplish our legitimate interests, we may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, service providers and business partners (including for our advertising and marketing purposes) and in the context of a corporate transaction. We maintain safeguards to protect the information we process to pursue our legitimate interests.
To comply with our legal obligations. We process and share your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations when we use your information to protect our rights or the rights of others and when we share your information with other parties where required by law or as necessary to protect our rights. For example, we are required to collect certain information from you when processing your subscription payment for tax or financial reporting reasons.
- With your consent. We obtain your consent to process your information when we are required to do so by law. If consent is the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
Your Rights Over Your Information
In certain circumstances, you have a right to access or object to the use of personal information held about you (including in relation to direct marketing). You can also ask us to rectify, update, erase, restrict or to share your information in a usable format with another company. Such requests are subject to applicable law.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at email@example.com We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
Storing Your Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes and to improve the Digital Services.
- Comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Carry out fraud detection and prevention.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the Digital Services, our products and services.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
International Data Transfers
Information collected through the Digital Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. If we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland we put in place safeguards. In particular, such safeguards include Privacy Shield Principles or European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
Where changes to this Privacy Notice have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you advanced notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g. to object to the processing).
Privacy Officer and Complaints
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution in the event you have a complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection authority.